Skip to main content

The Comparison Trap






Good Morning and Happy Labor Day! Holy cow can you believe it’s already September and fall and Christmas are just around thing corner! It honestly makes me so excited I love the holidays and getting to decorate the house for the season.
 So for the past few weeks I have been posting a Motivation Monday quote on my Instagram story, a little something for you to look at throughout the week and remind yourself to keep going and being positive. Life is not always easy but sometimes all you need is a little reminder for you to realize how blessed you are and be thankful for what you have around you.
Yesterday I woke up and was determined to watch church, so I googled church online and the first one that popped up was Life.Church. It was 9:30 and church started at 10, perfect timing. The service was so good and uplifting for me. So today I’m going to share with you that exact message that God sent to me. 

The Comparison Trap
Being Content with your life.

In todays world we tend to compare ourselves to everyone and everything and not seeing ourselves as enough. For example, you think that your makeup looks good then you see someone else’s makeup and wish yours looked like that, not being content with yourself. If we just learn to be content with ourselves and see ourselves as enough, we could actually focus on what God plan in for us as an individual. 1. COMPARISON KILLS CONTENTMENT. In Philippians chapter 4 it says “I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content, whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need and I know what it is to have plenty” This process of becoming content is not something that happens overnight, we don’t just wake up and think we don’t need anything. Its all a learning process! Contentment is accepting who God wants you to be and not who you wish you were. You’ll end up finding yourself going in circles trying to find someone else’s desire to be happy and not focusing on your on happiness.
COMPARISON LEAVES US PRIDEFUL
“I would never do that” we’ve all said it before. We’ve all had that moment where we see a kid acting up in public and think I would never let my kid act like that, then we have kids and guess what I just bought a gate for my step kids’ room because they are acting like that. LOL  S.C. Lewis quotes “ We say that people are proud of being rich or clever or good looking, but they are not. They are proud of being richer, or cleverer or better looking than others. If everyone else became equally rich or clever, or good looking, there would be nothing to be proud about. Remember finding contentment in life is accepting who God wants YOU to do!
COMPARISON LEAVES YOU JEALOUS
“A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealously is like cancer in the bones.” Proverbs 14:30
Bones are our bodys foundation and jealously is like CANCER IN THE BONES. We find ourselves resenting God goodness in others lives and ignore Gods blessings in our own lives. We see someone driving a car that you’ve been wanting and find yourself thinking wow they can’t afford that, or wow how are they doing so good and I’m not. We must learn to find that CONENTMENT in our own life. We must learn to kill comparison and recognize what we have!
Galatians 6 3:4 “If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else.” If you’re always looking at someone else imagine what you might miss out on in your own life. Like taking the perfect selfie at a game and then missing the biggest play. You could really miss out on some amazing stuff that God is laying out for you. If you recognize what you have and be content in everything you do you’ll learn that you can actually do ALL things through Jesus Christ.
ACCEPT WHO YOU ARE
Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” God has created a plan for us already we just have to learn to follow him. He has chosen a special talent for each and everyone of us and we are all different. Remember to be true to yourself. YOU are special, YOU are loved and uniquely created in Christ to do his work.
Thank you all for reading today! I hope you enjoyed todays post, I know it’s something I’ve been needing to hear, and I really wanted to share. Here’s to an awesome week!
-WE are all different but knowing who you are, knowing who you are you know you don’t have to be. Be who God created you to be. YOU DO YOU!

XOXO-Katherine 
**Entire Outfit Linked Below**:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Decor

JANUARY HOME DECOR   Hola F riends! Happy Friday!! Today I am sharing a few home décor items that I have decorated the house with lately.. starting with the fact that everything I have linked is pretty much under $20! Anyone else feel like their house looks so empty without Christmas décor everywhere?! In our house we basically have two living rooms, one we use as a tv room and the other has been completely empty until now. Calvin got me couches for Christmas and I put our Christmas tree up in there this year so its slowly starting to look like a 'living room'. Living in a small town there are not many options to shop home décor. Believe it or not I get most of my home décor from our store in Fort Stockton, TX Ace Home Center and Dollar General! You'd be so surprised on what you can find and how affordable it is. Everything I have pictured is linked and you can shop instantly through this page. I'm still slowly adding more décor to our front living room so stay tu

Happy New Year!

       New Years Resolution 2019 Hey friends! We have officially survived our first week of the new year whoop whoop!! I can hardly believe its already 2019, time just seems to go by faster every year. Today I want to share with you some of my personal goals that I have set for myself this year. Starting with leaving all the negativity and bad juju in 2018, I really want to work on spreading positivity and being a better person for myself. I believe that it is totally up to you to be who you want to be! workout consistently                I started working out for a good 4-5 months last year and then slowly died down and hadn’t worked out in like 6 months. I started back at again after thanksgiving and I’m really going to try and keep it up all year long! We have an at home gym in our back garage, so I really have no excuse! Lol I’m not trying to lose weight, I just want to gain muscle and tone up so ill be trying to lift weights as much as possible. Make su

5 Different ways to Style A T-Shirt Dress

5 Ways To Style A T-Shirt Dress Hey Hey, How are you guys today?! I am feeling very blessed to have survived another great week. I thought I would be getting a break from school and have time to myself this week but that didn't happen. School ends and work calls. I have been so busy it seems this week and I am so ready for a little down time this weekend with the boyfriend. Hoping to get a little shopping done and maybe have a margarita or two! This week I want to share with you several ways to style a t-shirt dress. I love being able to wear the same thing and not feeling like I just wore that outfit. ONE First off I am loving this t-shirt dress. You can seriously wear so many ways, dress up or down depending on your occasion. This particular dress I found is from Forever 21 , super comfy and soft. I love that it's the perfect length. I'm a sucker for neutral colors and stripes. My first look shows the dress styled by itself, effortless and cute.  T